Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is about understanding and acknowledging the impact of our business on the wider world and considering how we can have a positive effect on this. We take certain steps to ensure that we operate in accordance with our ethical standards:
- We deal with suppliers who have a corporate social responsibility policy and who act ethically in their dealings with clients, but also in respecting the environment and minimising pollution and waste.
- Where possible we will use suppliers local to the job location.
- We always pay our suppliers promptly and recognise the importance of our custom to their livelihood.
- Where possible we consider small businesses as well as larger suppliers, balancing on the merits and risks involved, prior to making purchasing decisions.
- We endeavour to ensure that all our brochures and publicity materials are clear and written in 'plain English' with no 'small print'.
- We are open and honest about our products and services. We will tell our clients what they need to know, and we will also discuss their corporate social responsibility.
- We will be clear and upfront with our clients regarding our pricing across the organisation
- If something goes wrong, we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
- We take a proactive approach to the training of our staff, and ensure that every member of staff has an annual appraisal and six-monthly reviews.
- We acknowledge the importance of health and wellbeing in the workplace and have policies in place to promote, maintain and develop the health and wellbeing of our workforce.
- We understand the importance of a flexible working arrangement and actively encourage staff to work the hours and locations which suit their lifestyle. We actively discourage un-necessary overtime.
- We provide training to all our staff on effective task management and follow the 'Getting Things Done' (GTD) approach to organising our work and home lives.
Our local community
- We value the importance of our local communities and involve ourselves in local activities.
- We assist in the running of technology-related user groups in local communities, bringing together like-minded people to network, learn and share information.
- We participate in local fundraising events and recruit locally where possible.
- We support our staff who are involved in local community projects and voluntary work.
- We take every possible step to reduce the impact of our business on the environment.
- We advise our clients and partners on environmental issues and provide solutions which have minimal impact on the environment.
- Where possible we source products locally and provide fresh fruit from local organic farms to our staff and visitors.
- We have a sustainable travel plan and provide incentives and support for staff using alternative transport methods such as cycling, walking and public transport.